1. Whitcoulls bookshop had a massive sale on.. not only were there stickered books at $2, $5 etc, but today they had a buy one, get one free!!
I got 2 books for $5, and the normal retail would have been $130 combined!! Awesome!!
One was a fabulous book of fantasy artwork from Weta Workshop called "White Cloud Worlds". Happy Happy Joy Joy!!
2. Heart shortbread biscuits. This is one of my favourites! The icing is a quick drying glaze that is tasty and easy (although I tend to end up with slightly scorced and coloured fingertips!!). It is also a shortbread style, but without the rice flour, which i never seem to have in the cupboard when the urge to bake comes.
The Stuff: 150g butter, 225g plain flour, 125g Caster Sugar, 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Grease baking tray, pre-heat oven to 180'c
- Rub butter into flour till fine breadcrumbs
- Stir in caster sugar and vanilla
- Mix to a firm dough with hands (will seem all crumby at first but your hands warm the butter and bind it together)
- Roll out on lightly floured surface- thickish (5-7mm??)
- Bake 10mins (keep eye on it, dont let it brown much) - cool and glaze
- Put all in double-boiler system (mines just heat-proof bowl over a saucepan)
- Heat slowly and stir till warm and smooth (dont bubble)
- Dip top of biscuits in glaze, tap gently to remove excess.
- laugh at coloured fingers while eating the first set ones!!